1. Preheat oven to Conventional 180ºC
2. Roast the whole capsicum on baking tray until blistered, then when cool enough to touch peel, discard the seeds and tear the flesh into thin strips. Set aside.
3. Grind the saffron and a pinch of salt with a mortar and pestle
4. Heat the oil in a large paella pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomato, fresh capsicum, chicken, squid, rice and stir for 1 minute. Add the stock, paprika and crushed saffron stir for the last time and bring to the boil. When the stock boils and the grains begin to swell, lay the prawns on top.
5. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the stock has reduced enough that you can see the rice underneath. Push the mussels into the rice and cook until their shells open. Scatter with strips of roasted capsicum and the parsley. Cook for another 5 minutes over low heat.