- Preheat the oven to Fan Assisted Steam 200ºC.
- Rub the lamb rump steaks with virgin olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan until hot and fry the lamb rump steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side, until browned all over. Add the rosemary to the pan and transfer to the oven for 6-8 minutes (for medium) or until cooked to your liking. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside the lamb to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the ratatouille, heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat and fry the diced onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until softened. Increase to high heat and add the diced zucchini, rosemary, eggplant and cool for a further 5 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and vinegar.Season, to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, slice the lamb steak, spoon some ratatouille onto each serving plate and top with the sliced lamb rump steak.