- 1. Preheat oven to 200°C combi-steam with 300ml of water. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar. Fold through the butter until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add the milk, egg and choc chips and stir to combine.
- Turn out mixture on a lightly floured bench and lightly knead. Flatten out slightly about 2cm thick. Transfer to a chopping board and cut into a rough 3x3cm square.
- On a baking tray lay down a piece of baking paper, then place the prepared scones on the tray and allow a centimetre gap between each scone.
- Place the scones in the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the centre is just cooked but not doughy. Place on a baking rack and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with butter or if you are extra naughty then slather on some Nutella.